With regard to gin, it is easy to innovate and vary, and to experience a multitude of botanicals and a wide variety of combinations. This means that the taste of gin is not lost, on the contrary, it gains a special palate.
When choosing the botanists to use, despite the vast list of options, the choice often falls on the hibiscus flower!
In this article we will explore a little more about hibiscus and find out what makes it so special.
The hibiscus is a shrub or small tree that can reach about three meters in height. It has glossy, ovate or lanceolate leaves.
Its flowers are large and reddish or pink in color and have a very peculiar taste, with notes of acidity and bitterness
Despite its taste dividing opinions, its medicinal properties are undeniable:
- It helps you lose weight because it is a great diuretic;
- Combats colds and flu, for having antioxidant action that strengthens the immune system;
- It helps to regulate cholesterol levels, especially to increase "good" HDL cholesterol, but also by helping to lower LDL levels;
- Relieves stomach pain due to analgesic action and for having a calming effect;
- Regulates blood pressure because it has antihypertensive properties;
- Slows skin aging because it is rich in antioxidants.
In addition, it will leave your gin with an elegant appearance due to its particular pink color.Try our Adamus Gin Tonic recipe with Hibiscus and Lemon Zest !